The home of acclaimed actor, stage and movie director, and writer Elia Kazan and his actress wife Molly Day Thatcher in Newtown, CT, 153 acres of woodland, mill pond and residential structures were deeded to the CT DEEP for use as a nature preserve. The declining 1885 farmhouse and mid-century modern studio, pool and tennis courts were slated for removal. Both main residential structures were documented to National Park Service standards by Lyn Smith for inclusion in the Dodd Research Library at the University of Connecticut.
Other representative Historic Documentation projects;
- Harkness Greenhouse Harkness Memorial State Park – Waterford, CT
- Werner’s Wood Barn Roaring Brook State Park – Canton, CT
- 28 Catoonah Street – Ridgefield, CT
- Sciongay Property – (1850) Westbrook, CT
- Auerfarm Property – (1917) Bloomfield, CT (SR)
- Worthen Property – (1820) Granby, CT